Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lesson 3 Wikis

I use wikis frequently within my job. We have our own library wiki that allows us to quickly access information such as bookings sheets, forms and procedure information within the library service. Of course wikipedia has helped me to first of all find out obscure facts which I would never have known, which I can then successfully reference in other ways.
My favourite Wikis so far from the examples given are Wookieepedia, Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki and Library Success: A best practices wiki.
These are the types of sites I would be using again, Wookieepedia for my own personal Star Wars addiction and the library wikis for keeping up to date with my profession.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Judy. I liked Wookieepedia too .... very enlightening!I had no idea that you had a Stars Wars addication ....think of all the del.icio.us tags you can create with that in week six!C U back at the Noosa Ref desk soon!

    ReplyDelete